Stretch marks occur when the fibers within the dermis are broken due to skin being overstretched. Skin can become overstretched in numerous situations such as pregnancy, extreme weight gain, during puberty, and body building. The areas that are often affected by stretch marks are legs, abdomen, buttocks, upper arms, and breasts. When stretch marks first appear they are red in color then over time they fade to white over several months. It definitely much easier to prevent stretch marks than to eliminate its appearance on your skin.
Preventing Stretch Marks
Stretch marks occur when skin is being stretched beyond its elasticity limits. The best way to prevent stretch marks is by either increasing your skins elasticity or reduce the cause of stretching.
How to Increase Elasticity of Your Skin
• Lotions and skin creams – It’s said that lotions containing cocoa butter helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks as well as preventing them. Oils and creams that are designed to help treat or prevent stretch marks will keep your skin elastic and healthy. If you find yourself pregnant it’s best to consult a doctor before use of stretch mark lotions and creams as it may be harmful for your baby as well as absorbed into breast milk.
• Vitamin A, E and C – Vitamins A, E and C help create elasticity and strength of your skins collagen while at the same time reducing your chances of obtaining stretch marks.
• It’s also very important to stay hydrated.
How to Remove Stretch Marks
If you’re finding yourself in the predicament of removing stretch marks then you’d want to continue reading. There are many methods people choose to rid their skin of stretch marks. To remove stretch marks you have such choices as cosmetic and medical procedures and home remedies. All of these options also promote the health of your skin. It’s known that the healthier your skin is, the better it can heal. Before seeking out treatment it’s best to consult a doctor especially if you are nursing or are pregnant.
Removing Stretch Marks by use of Home Remedies
• Time – Stretch marks are like scares and will fade over time.
• Tretinoin Creams – According to the study, Archives of Dermatology, published May 1996 it’s proven that Tretinoin creams significantly reduce stretch marks. A doctor would have to prescribe you the cream. When using this product, you will see the best results when it’s applied to new stretch marks. If you are pregnant and/or breast feeding it’s not advised to use this product.
• Vick’s Vapor Rub Exfoliate Daily – use a scrunchy or a loofah daily to do away with the stretch marks.
• Vic’s Vapor Rub – Some people find Vic’s Vapor Rub to be beneficial when it comes to healing stretch marks. At night place some Vic’s Vapor Rub on a washcloth and rub the scarred skin forcefully. In a couple weeks people found the scares to be less vivid.
• Increase Circulation – You can increase your circulation by massaging your stretch marks. Taking hot baths can also help increase circulation.
• Tanning – By tanning, you can eliminate the look of minor stretch marks. If you try this option, make sure you use sun screen.
• Vitamin E Gel – Every day for two weeks, take the vitamin E Gel capsules and break them open then rub the oil on the stretch marks.
• Unstretch the skin – Stretch marks may become invisible after the skin returns to it’s normal size.
• Stretch Mark Lotions and Creams – Stretch mark creams and lotions heal your skin and reduce the visibility of stretch marks. The following list of ingredients are found to be very beneficial:
– Cocoa butter
– Emu oil
– Rose hip oil
– Jojoba oil
– Castor oil
– Vitamin E cream
– Shea butter
– Vitamin A
– Vitamin C
– Vitamin E
• If you know of other remedies not mentioned, please you the form below to share your helpful tips with other readers.
Stretch Mark Medical Procedures
• Surgery Microdermabrasion – Microdermabrasion is a popular procedure that is preformed in salons and spas. This procedure is performed by removing the top layer of skin by mechanical and chemical means.
• Endermologie – Endermologie machines expel toxins and increase circulation by massaging the skin.
• Laser Therapy – There are numerous stretch mark laser treatments that are available the can not only heal your skin as well as reduce the appearance of scares. Your dermatologist has all the recent information about these methods of treatment.
• Cosmetic Surgery – In most cases, stretch marks usually appear below the belly button so the way to remove the stretch marks is by having a tummy tuck. With a tummy tuck, the skin is removed below the belly button. If you have stretch marks on other areas of the body, cosmetic plastic surgery may be the ideal alternative.
View the video below that show how to get rid of stretch marks naturally: